PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2018, 00:49
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will never get anywhere near the annual limits. I think one year I had 470 hours but the rest all fall around 450 or below.

We have our own set of Scheduling Guidelines, which AJX use when constructing the rosters. They are significantly better than the JCAB limits, which basically say you can work 15 hours a day, have reduced rest and all of this may be extended if required. The JCAB limits have no place in modern aviation and are an absolute joke as far as fatigue risk management is concerned. Our SGs are a very positive step in the right direction. They're not absolutely ideal because the guys that managed to implement them were dealing with a mindset based on the JCAB thinking but they still do a lot more to help our schedules than not. There are still night to day duties and there are plenty of pairings where you do wonder if any consideration has been given to sleep cycles etc but tell me an airline nowadays where this is never the case. If you can find one, apply to them

I am similar to jrmyl. I end up working 6 in 7 but that does not mean I'm flying for 6 days. I'll have standby and probably get called 20-25% of the time. Working 6 days straight and then one off is quite rare and it will normally be something like 3 day duty, standby, 2 day duty, blank day. Sometimes there are much longer stints (up to 9 days), with a blank day downroute but I would say 80% of my flying is made up of 3 day trips.....at night