PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC coverage of RAF 100 years
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2018, 21:54
ExRAFRadar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigGreenGilbert
A fine summary of what some others have said. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing more than we expect.

It was on the BBC, as others have said, for the public at large, Did you really expect anything different? Yeah, there was a lot of the brothers, but that it was what makes TV that sells. I thought it was great PR for the RAF too. Not something the RAF seems to be very good at.

BGG
Really?

I thought it shallow beyond words and the more I think about it the more I get annoyed.

I'm not going to bother watching it again but the lasting impression I have of the ground trades is that they pick up spilled spuds.

And the anecdote about 'keys being thrown on the table', what was that included for? Added nothing except to make the whole ATA experience seem a 'jolly good wheeze' for well spoken ladies.

I am sure those 2 amazing pilots have more than a fair share of decent pull up a sandbag stories that would have been much more worthy of air time.

How can you do 100 years of RAF history and miss out 45 years of RAF involvement in the Cold War.

I was not looking for a Raymond Baxter type documentary but something with a bit of bite and with substance. I thought it trite and dull.

Message Ends