PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wheelchair users in UK airports. (merged threads)
Old 26th Mar 2018, 21:36
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Handling PRM’s is a bloody complicated affair. I wish it was simpler and like the PRM’s, I wish the process were quicker. And in most cases, the solution will not be achieved with extra cash. The problem is the aircraft itself. With a single aisle aircraft and only one or two doors available it is very difficult to board/disembark more than one person at a time. And when the solution is found, who pays? Reduced aircraft utilisation will cost short haul operators dearly and this will have to be funded by someone. And as we are having this discussion, should there be a limit on the number of PRM’s? A group of eight WCHR-C’s set us back one hour and lost us our return slot, delaying our return flight by three hours. Whose fault was that when the compo hounds come out to play? And should all PRM’s be disembarked first? I’m not being disingenuous but if they are, the number of PRM’s will go through the roof due abuse. And I write this knowing my company has, by comparison many others, a pretty good PRM service. But it could certainly be improved.

PM