PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC coverage of RAF 100 years
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2018, 20:10
NutLoose

Received 2,939 Likes on 1,252 Posts
A bit disappointing, there is more to the RAF than fighters, the other stuff seemed to be a token add on, and never covered some parts, it also seemed to miss out everything the RAF has done between WW1, WW2, the Falklands and modern times, it also felt more like a McGregor roadshow than a history of the RAF, some posts say Colin is a good chap etc, well he might well be, but he should stick at what he is good , because as a presenter he came over as very wooden and boring to watch.. Why oh why do they fill these programmes with presenters and ther families, I half expected him to bring his dog out and tell you it was named after......Euan is a good narrator, we don't need to see him all the way through the programmes.

Totally agree it should have been over several episodes to do it justice.

I see the robbed the Battle of Britain film archive for colour film to show the adversaries in their Merlin powered ME109's and Heinkel 111, they started the RAF Halton clip, home of the other ranks by showing the officers mess, shame they didn't start with the apprentice blocks which would have been more representative.

Last edited by NutLoose; 26th Mar 2018 at 20:27.