PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2018, 19:30
jrmyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drop24
One thing I can't find after reading this thread is a sense of the rosters. How many of your 20 days on are you flying? Is there a lot of back of the clock overnight flights? How long are the pairings and how much are you flying in a month? Thanks.
Schedules vary widely from month to month. There is no real set type of schedule. What you can count on is having 1 day off every 7. That is all they have to give you. But saying that, I usually don't work 6 on 1 off.

Looking at April's schedule, I have 4 days off and I am there 22 days. But I also have 3 standby days. Seems I get used on standby about 30% of the time.

I have 13 flying sectors and 8 of them are back side of the clock. We have anywhere from 1 day to 5 day pairings. Looking at April it looks like my longest is 3 days and shortest is a loooooooong 1 day.

Average flight time per month is around 50 hours. If you have more passenger pairings you will have more hours of flying than if you have cargo pairings. Cargo pairings are usually shorter flights.