PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting a job with aircraft experience below 10T
Old 26th Mar 2018, 08:54
chief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK OK - I get it!

I'm also not one to be dishonourable or lie etc ......honest!! But keen to pose the question and what responses it would react out of intrigue. However, would it really make a difference if your aircraft is just under the 10T weight with regards to experience? Excuse my naivety, however, is this a requirement stipulated for insurances purposes for the airlines? If so, why are so many of the airlines different? I applied to BA some time back and got through to the interview stage (even though they were aware of my experience....) Why would a pilot with just under the 10T quota pose to be more of a risk and as a consequence be precluded from applying?? It doesn't make sense to me. In my role, I carry so many influential and high profile individuals, that should the worst case ever occur, it would be all over the news!

Speaking of "news", NO I'm NOT from any newspapers or a journalist (wow - such warped imaginations....!!). I'm just a mere pilot...

Galaxy Flyer - not nebraska, no! Not sure why it says Nebraska!

Thanks