PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the grass really greener? Perspectives from an escapee.
Old 26th Mar 2018, 04:32
CX ex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the grass really greener? Perspectives from an escapee.

After spending nearly 13 years at CX, I can say without hesitation that leaving has been the best thing I have ever done. I would consider myself someone who had it relatively good at CX with regards to my overall experience and "success" with the company. I say "success" with the utmost disdain towards the twisted and dysfunctional ways that company has. All in all I am grateful for my experience there as it has afforded me opportunities that would have likely not been realized considering the state of the industry when I joined. However, it is much easier for me to say now that I am no longer a part of that world.

To those on the fence about leaving

The money is not worth it. Ive taken an enormous pay cut on an already strained budget, but I made it work and its been the best thing for the long term. Your possessions are possessing you!
The sleep IS worth it. There is no amount of money that will make up for the loss of sleep and its associated problems. NTM, the world is much better looking in the daylight (but not some of the hosties)
Flying is FUN again and not FEARED. Big brother is watching yes, but he's not going to take my pay, seat or career because the speed got a bit high.
Control of your life. I cannot describe what a difference this will make.

For those who are thinking about joining.

There is nothing I can say that Trafalgar has not said. Read his posts over, and over again. And then read them some more. There are a few others who also post the utter truth. Be warned.

Like I said, I had it very good. Cat A'd, B scale, offered a WB command. AND I STILL LEFT!!

To the lifers at CX who do the right thing; good luck to you and I hate what the despicable management has done to your careers.

To those who have undermined the good guys; may you rot with the management.