PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flexible roster causing child contact issues
Old 25th Mar 2018, 21:31
JJBFLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flexible roster causing child contact issues

Hi,

I am not sure whether I have got the right forum, so apologies in advance.

I am currently going through a protracted court process where I am seeking regular contact with my child. I have previously been to court where I was successful in obtaining a minimum contact level. However, our child’s mother continues to interpret the court order in a manner which seeks to minimise my contact further.

As a result I am having to return to court to apply for enforcement, however this has been unsuccessful due to the mother now claiming it is unworkable, whilst refusing all offers of using a third party to act in the best interests of our child (communication is non exist between us).

We now have to go through the whole process again to fight for my right to see my child. One of her biggest arguments is my flexible roster and how she is now using this against me claiming it is inconsistent and I am unable to provide a consistent and regular fixed days each week (she had been previously aware of my roster pattern even before our child was born). My current roster is part time where a min of 12 nights off.

I wish to seek any help or advice from colleagues who have had to fight for contact for their children and what you found the best way to gain understanding and support from judge/magistrate. Otherwise I feel I am getting penalised for not having a min-fri 9-5 working pattern! Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.