PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contract pilots at CX
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2018, 16:46
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few comments based on some of the previous posts. Most of us DO care about the plight of the 747 pilots. What is being done to them is a disgrace, and frankly it isn't a job that is sustainable. As for the SA pilots, they are welcome, on the bottom of our seniority list, same terms. However, if they are offered a 'sweetheart' deal, then they must expect some serious pushback. As for "who's to blame" for the current situation (including the company floating this trial balloon with the SA pilots), we are to blame. We can't expect people to fight our fight for us, especially when they aren't even working here yet. The 747 pilots need to 'demonstrate' to the company that they won't be abused (fill in the blank on that one...) and the rest of us must make it clear that CC and the TB will continue and even strengthen until this management comes to their senses. WE have to push back, and it's time that happened. My own gripe is towards my former C and T members. Gents/ladies, it's time to do the right thing. We can't be seen to be supporting the actions of management with training of what is evidently replacement pilots (I am referring to the SA issue in particular). To date, three of my colleagues have assured me that if the company hires them on anything other than bottom of seniority positions, or with a special 'commuting' option, they will resign. The rest of you now need to resolve to do the same. I might add to all the rest of you the fact that many of the TC and TCC pilots have refused ugrade to STC. That is at a significant cost, so please don't berate them for simply being in the training dept. However, the time has come I believe to now take that next step and resign altogether. I expect nothing less (other than the 'Prancing Carrot' who will probably volunteer to train all the SA pilots himself!).