PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC-135 crashes into ocean near Port Hedland off Western Australias Pilbara coast
Old 25th Mar 2018, 04:08
John Eacott

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by megan
Was a mates first job on leaving the Navy in the late 70's early 80's, had the IMC experience of Wessex to fall back on. Did the engineering as well. John will know, the NVFR a class 4 instrument rating at the time?
Sure was: Class 4, that takes me back to the old IRE days and testing some applicants for that and Class 2

Regardless of the differing opinions on MPT standards, most jobs can be considered stepping stones to move on somewhere else so to imply that pilots doing MPT aren't up to scratch with what they do remains, to me, somewhat demeaning. I won't even go into what used to be acceptable norms in both the NS and early NW Shelf operations, but times have been known to change and lessons learned as well as forgotten. The earlier observation about 50 years fatality free in single pilot single engine against one year twin engine and in this case twin pilot is a very moot point.