PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest information on CASA giant 40nm 5,000 foot CTAFs
Old 25th Mar 2018, 04:06
Capn Bloggs

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts
Yes, Leddie, I must admit I have no idea what you lot are on about now. I thought that you had implied that it was ICAO-compliant to allow a landing clearance with the runway occupied, which is obviously not allowed in Australia, which I thought is what Fujii's point was. But then you speared off on the Visual Approach tangent; as I have better things to do in my life than read up on the septic's VA procedures, I have given up attempting to sort through your riddle-laden language and pontifications.

Please forgive me.

Originally Posted by Tank
At Heathrow you may be cleared to line up “after Brittania 767”, when you look for Brittania they are number four on the other side of the runway while you are number five on this side!
Tank, that is totally different to being given a landing clearance with multiple ahead. Obviously you weren't going to line up before the Brit. Did Honolulu tell you what aircraft to land after?

One last question to put my mind at rest. ICAO procedures allow giving an aircraft a clearance to land with the preceding aircraft still not landed or clear (2400m rule excepted). Yes or No?