PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF B744s VH-OEC, VH-OED Grounded
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2003, 09:57
AN LAME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry vortsa, but I have to bite.

BIK

Once a d!ckhead always a d!ckhead.

If an Australian engineer stuffed up then the only thing the ALAEA would provide him with is appropriate representation - full stop. The Association provide legal support if and when engineers are called to task by CASA. What else would you have them do?.

I continually read on this forum about the dissatisfaction many pilots have with their representative body. But you continually, and may I say in this case quite tangentially, choose to slag off a professional body which does work on behalf of it's consitituents in all sectors of aviation - ranging from, yes , representing members who have had show cause notices form CASA, to fighting court battles on behalf of ex AN members who are owed their legal entitlement from M & M.

You seem to equate any safety related engineering issue with industrial issues. I, for the life of me, cannot see any comment in this thread which consititutes an industrial position. The closest is "pullock''s contribution - but that argument holds true for any and all maintenance organisations. As ''I'm gone'' suggested, their are slack people everywhere. To suggest that the ALAEA would protect the likes of these is to slur the ALAEA and all it's members. But that appears to be your sole aim when it comes to engineering.

I'm curious, did a LAME run your dog over at some time in the past

Last edited by AN LAME; 28th Sep 2003 at 17:51.