PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Ambulance in UK
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2018, 11:00
206 jock

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by PANews

I see that the AAA Trustees have decided to suspend TAAS membership pending the outcome of the renewed Charity Commission enquiry.

Clearly supportive and pulling together!

No matter how this goes I suspect that TAAS will never rejoin AAA again. I recall the AAA CEO telling me that it took superhuman efforts to get them to sign up in the first place.
I'm assuming that no-one commenting here actually read the Sunday Times piece? The implication is that the CEO of TAAS is celebrity-obsessed and used charity funds to further his ambition to cosey up to celebs. I can imagine that Mr. Williamson - while showing off to the members of Little Mix in front of his children and their friends (no...honestly!) - would say 'I run The Air Ambulance Service' and 'we operate nationally'. Both of which may technically be correct, but represent a gross manipulation of the truth!

Here's a little more local summary of the situation as it stands: https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...vice-1-8430051

Bryn, I have no connection with the AAA, but I would imagine that TAAS would be welcomed back into the fold once due process has taken place. However I suspect that would only occur once the CEO and perhaps the board of Trustees of TAAS have been 'overhauled'.