PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Survey - Are they waking up?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2018, 21:15
Buswinker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by old,not bold
The point is that the promise to allow free seat selection 48 hours in advance was not fulfilled; when I tried to check-in 48 hours before the flight the system would not allow that. So I couldn't reserve the seats.

Maybe I missed something, but if I did it was not clearly shown. I've had a workstation/desktop on my desk every day of my life since it was a BA workstation in 1973 (my then employer piggy-backed on their system, back in the '70s), and although I'm getting old and decrepit I'm not yet a dribbling idiot, as far as I can judge.

Someone will now show that it is completely obvious how to reserve seats 48 hours in advance if you buy Economy Plus, and when that happens I'll dribble a bit and shut up.
If it’s the way it used to work for ba bronze et al to make a seat selection before check in was open, it’s accessible only through manage my booking, not the check in link itself. Buried down the manage my booking page there should be a choose seat option- before your window for free seat selection opens this attracts a fee, but at the requisite time the exact same link will do it for free

Disclaimer- this is how it was in 2015 last time I had to do it- it may have changed since. After a horrific BA premium economy sin-Syd I promised I wouldn’t fly with them again!!