PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA CPL --> FAA CPL
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2018, 16:06
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by MarkerInbound
You get a FAA private certificate. You can do the paper shuffle under 61.75 to get it. You must hold a FAA PVT to apply for the FAA COMM. Then you get at least a FAA second class medical. Then you get signed off to take the written test and pass the written. You must have 20 hours flight instruction covering the items listed in 61.129. How much of your prior instruction would apply to these requirements would have to be worked out on a case by case basis. There must be at least three hours instruction and a sign off for the checkride within the two preceding months. And then you pass the checkride.

The short version is there is no short cut or "conversion" for foreign license holders looking for a FAA COMM.
Incorrect.

If he has all the aeronautical experience required by part 61 and a valid icao CPL and instrument rating then all he needs is verification of his foreign license, FAA medical, atp-ctp course, atp written and then the flight test with TSA clearance for both atp-ctp and flight test if using a different school/type.

No need to bother at all with pvt and CPL in FAA system.

I did exactly this when I joined a US regional, using my australian airplane CPL and instrument rating.

The regional paid for everything though.