PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Atlantic Glider revisited - official report released (Merged)
Old 28th Sep 2003, 05:28
Winstun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Irrespective of what may have been the root cause of the incident, the pilots clearly pulled off a display of outstanding skill and airmanship - and certainly a feat that only a very tiny minority from our profession would be able to repeat given the circumstances.
.....well. let me see, next time I'm a good fare paying pax across the atlantic, I'm gonna hope like hell that I got an insecure, less skillful, less excellent pilot that can manage his fuel situation rather than take me for an unnecessary joyride in a several thosand tonne piece of metal...hotshot or not..
they only knew they were losing fuel just before the engines quit and they were damn good pilots to rescue the situation afterwards.
... .....did not notice fuel quantity reducing? did not notice lateral trim inbalance? did not consider fuel leak (until too late)? 'computer glitch' is wishful thinking... This is a blatant display of incompetance and negligence. This crew should be locked up for a very long time for time for placing unecessary loss of life risk on the good pax. That they skillfully, luckiliy, and selfishly (saving their own ass) pulled off the glide feat is of no consequence to their lack of credibility.