PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New FAA Rule Re Harness and Open Door Flights
Old 23rd Mar 2018, 13:39
wrench1

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by KiwiNedNZ
believe me I am going to get what I can in writing as then covers my ass and the operators I am flying with.
FYI: any paperwork you bring to the table is moot. As I mentioned above the operator has final acceptance of what equipment is used on their aircraft. The operator has the regulatory responsibility

The "POI" you spoke with even gave you his out:
as long as the operator is comfortable with the quick release mechanisim I am using they are ok with it.
The reason "they" are OK with it is because "they" aren't the operator. It's how the system works.

If you want to be 100% sure your harness is good, contact all the operators you plan to use and get them to sign-off on your harness now.

Another FYI: POIs are not normally "senior" personal--those are managers. All FAA inspectors are ASIs first. When they get assigned to an operator they then become a Principal Operations, or Principal Maintenance, or Principal Avionics inspector to that operator. And some get caught up in that distinction.