PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 23rd Mar 2018, 09:12
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by tangwang
Anyone has gone through E3 Visa process recently would please share some information about current situation. I keep getting different information about wether the degree/work experience is required and strictly assessed. Is anyone having issues about this during visa interview?

I have a 4 year bachelor’s degree and a 2 year master’s degree in mechanical engineering, with 4.5 aviation work experience, met all ATP requirements. What are the chances that I can get the E3 Visa? I know the requirement is aviation degree but is mechanical engineering considered as relevant field or at least can be credited for 1 or 2 years of that 4 year degree requirement?

Any comments are appreciated!
You should have no problems. I know of a few recent people going through the process with bare ATP mins and no degree and got the E3 visa no problems.

I would see if Spirit will take E3’s, they recently bumped up their pay rates significantly and you’re flying an Airbus.

Otherwise if you want quick hours then Skywest is the way to go.

Also rumors abound that AA mainline will allow Aussies on E3 to flow through, yet to be tested though as no E3 Aussies are at the seniority at Piedmont to flow to mainline AA.