PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 23rd Mar 2018, 05:06
High Energy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by incspeed
Hi Guys,

It is a good place to work with one women and 1 new born children? I mean, house and transportation allowance, medical insurance etc?
What about the tickets to travel around the world? There is any benefit to fly with EK in bussiness class or it is via ID90 travel?

My concern is if the package is good enough as EK to live with my wife and my new children with a rented house and one car.
That is no problem, not even with 2 kids and 2 cars. It all depends on your lifestyle. If you have a newborn I personally recommend getting a 2 bedroom apartment to save some cash in yr1, find your feet and get comfortable. Only then look around and maybe move if you have to. If you are FO the budget is tighter and all new joined FO's say the same. The first year is expensive to get settled and setup. Expect to save nothing. But then it gets better. Schools/nurseries get covered from 3yrs old.

I think this job is much better than EK if you have a wife/husband and kids. Home every day and no jetlag and stress. It's not all about money or a big metal bird IMHO...

You can NOT fly wih kids in EK business, only economy. Business with kids is only Etihad, Lufthansa and one or two more small airlines I can't remember now. You can fly in EK business with your wife/husband though. About 30 airlines covered with ID travel. But Asia is largely uncovered outside of EK/EY and Jetstar Asia.

Galaxy32. We have layovers in Colombo, Chittagong (going to EK soon), Dar Es Salaam, Zanzibar, Prague (rumored to go to EK too) Moscow, Bratislava, Bucharest and Sarajevo in winter time. All layovers are min 23hrs up to 72 for some. The only one you are not advised to leave the hotel is Chittagong.