PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New FAA Rule Re Harness and Open Door Flights
Old 23rd Mar 2018, 02:31
bluesideoops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KiwiNedNZ
Actually he is not my "Mate" as you call it. I never met him before today and his official title is "FAA Principal Operations Inspector". And the person I said he contacted back east to discuss the conversation with was the person you mentioned in your message above (Jorge Castillo). And yes I already have things underway to get in writing what I need to give to any operator that I have shoots planned with. While making sure I am safe in what I do, and legal, I also want to make sure that any operator I fly with is also legal.
Ned, I was just using a colloquial expression, I had no doubt he's not your mate and that you've never met him - I'm just making the point that irrespective of his title and what he confirmed, what was said on the phone needs to be backed up in writing. If you've been in aviation as long as I have you presumably have heard the phrase 'if its not written down, it never happened'

Good luck with the applications, look forward to seeing many more great photos in the mag!