PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines FO Alleges Rape by Captain on MSP Layover
Old 22nd Mar 2018, 20:19
Greek God

Mmmmm PPruuune!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sailvi767
We had a flight attendant fearing the loss of her job after missing pickup make a accusation against a pilot for sexual assault as the reason she was unable to report. His entire career and personal life were facing disaster. He was saved only because the hotel had a sophisticated key logging system for entry and exit of every room that showed her story was completely false.
A colleague of mine with a well known ME airline had a similar accusation from an FA with the difference that she made a phone call to him saying unless you give me a large cash donation I'm going to accuse you of attempted rape and assault.
He immediately called ops, both removed from the flight. An investigation revealed her story false (hotel CCTV and key log) furthermore it also revealed she had used this ploy several times successfully in the past!

Conversly, I have been on jury service for a rape (inability to give consent) the perp was really cocky (sorry) arrogant and a genuine toerag but we couldn't find him guilty as not enough evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt. Felt really frustrated but sometimes the law sucks. Sadly its all we have and this problem will always cause controversy with justice and injustice in both senses.