PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reporting Points - sneaking in through the back door!
Old 28th Sep 2003, 03:15
bagpuss lives

Manchesters Most Wanted PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to help mate

It's always worth checking the Yellow AICs that are available on the AIS WWW site too as any large scale reorganisation (like that I've already tipped you off about *wink wink*) and any associated new reporting points will always be detailed there.

Other than that any other changes are notified as I'm sure you already know, in the 28 and 56 AIRACs.

Another noteworthy point is that some reporting points exist for ATC purposes only whilst others, like the ones close to EGCC (the ones that begin with X on the HON SID) are simply to mark a point on a SID or a procedure and will never ever be referred to by either ATC or flight crews. When these are created / amended / removed there may be no need for anyone to be externally notified other than the agency for which they were placed.

Incidentally I believe the naming of RUGER may have to do with a certain member of Liverpool ATC being a big rugby fan but I'm operating on rumour and here-say only there

As usual

And I think I gave you the purposes of both RUGER and TORGO? If not lemme know and I'll fill you in.