PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2018, 04:54
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TURIN
Credit/Debit cards seem pretty common these days. If you ever use the M6 Toll you will know about the card payment machines. No PIN required just in/out or tap and go.
Even the coin basket could be used.
its pretty quick.

I don't like the idea of being charged more for using the airport either but it is possible to do without too much trouble.
But it is the principle involved.
Britain is almost unique in doing this because we let PR and marketing types* persuade us that we (the customer) are the problem and that we must be punished for our unreasonable behaviour.
Try getting away with this in the US...or Europe...or anywhere else. People would just not put up with it. but here in rip off Britain.

Other much bigger airports than Manchester can manage the traffic flows around the terminals much better. As others have said, by re-opening the closed off drop off points around the terminals (particularly T3) this problem would not exist. One can only conclude that the gradual closing down of these areas is a carefully orchestrated plan over the last few years by the airport management to make these charges seem 'inevitable'.

Well this premium FF is definitely going to become a less frequent FF from June. I had a conversation yesterday with one of the project teams along the lines of 'is it really necessary to physically meet?'
I hope the airlines are reading this.

* If you read the MEN: 'an airport spokesman said' piece, linked above, apparently it's not an airport anymore it's a 'campus' Perhaps if the management didn't waste money on paying salaries to idiots like that and spent the money on problem solving, they wouldn't have got themselves in to this mess.