PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 22nd Mar 2018, 01:54
dc10fr8k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turkish Airlines info please?

Can anyone enlighten me on the B777 rosters and general quality of life for a B777 PIC at Turkish? I am looking to leave the Gulf region after 6 years here, the rosters these days are insane. I live in Europe (well, that's where I'd like to live) and wonder if it is commutable to central Europe working out of Istanbul.

Of course every airline has good and bad points and the good outweighs the bad here at the airline I am at presently with; great people, great airplanes and top maintenance, good pay, reasonable benefits, etc, but the rosters are insane and all that other things don't matter anymore when all you do is eat-sleep-fly. And repeat. "Factoring" the flight hours (considering only those at the controls and not those in the bunk! as if my body can tell the difference!) is a very creative way to "stretch the rubber" band in amazing ways, but 130 to 150 hours spent in the "aluminum tube" every month begins to take it's toll. I've heard Turkish does not "Factor" the flying hours and I'd be happy to work a sane schedule for less money if all else is reasonable.

Any info appreciated in PM. Thanks in advance.