PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines FO Alleges Rape by Captain on MSP Layover
Old 21st Mar 2018, 18:59
costalpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
back in the day my airline, (which was absorbed by Delta) reacted to any sort of sexism related complaint with alacrity and alarm. It was rare, but it happened, and the few pilots who found themselves so charged were in big trouble from the get go.

Alaska has taken a different approach. Considering the social climate today, this is surprising, and If I had to guess, untenable.

I cannot recall one company standing firm against a "sexism" challenge of any kind in the past several years. Maybe I'm wrong, but I predict a quick turnabout by Alaska. I wouldn't want to be this guy.

Or girl. No matter the outcome. I cant imagine why either him or her would rationally choose to endanger their career in this way.

Both are talented professionals with a lot to lose.

additionally, the hotel videos as portrayed in the media are certainly not evidence of a rape, but they are troubling for him if the description is accurate, as are the accounts of the events surrounding their removal from the flight.