PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down in East River, NYC
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2018, 15:08
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello TC ..
I see your point and it certainly does make sense and I will definitely have a good look at my own position. Re risk v reward I think it will mean that I will likely stop all commercial flying , which you will probably see as a good thing !! I have been in and out of the Helicoper business for nearly 40 years now ( blemish free ) but think that it now is not worth the risk .
As you say , they could come after me personally for my entire estate and I don’t think my kids would be too happy about that . I have always worked upon the basis of operating using common sense , but this is not enough in this day and age ... I certainly would never fly with pax who had no idiot proof method of escape. ( I do believe I would have a good chance of going back into a cockpit to just pull a belt buckle but not a complex harness ....)
I still think it is a damn shame that we will be left with a handful of large operators and all the great old characters with one or two machines will be forced out . But that’s progress for you !!!