PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farnborough Airspace Proposal
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2018, 14:42
b1obthebuilder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Midlifec
Fundamentally and despite any argument to the contrary this proposal by TAG has nothing to do with safety- it's all about maximising their asset value, nothing more and nothing less, they are a minority user of the airspace surrounding Farnborough and really ought to accept it- trying to influence matters by careful manipulation of statistics is disingenuous to say the least. The recent low level biz jet traffic south and west of the airfield of which I have observed an apparent marked increase, seems, on the whole to be arriving- not departing so the departure procedures would seem unrelated. I cannot see any simple reason for Farnborough traffic to be routed as has been the case recently, other than to somehow enhance their statistics in support of their application for airspace for which there is clearly no operational need. Based on the safety of other airspace users there is and can be no case for granting the requested areas.
In the teeth of determined opposition (of which all has been thoroughly ignored), TAG Farnborough continues to press for it's own monumental air grab. (Just google it.)

Originally Posted by Midlifec
.... it's all about maximising their asset value, nothing more and nothing less......
Russian oligarchs do not like to be kept waiting.

Originally Posted by hegemon88
On a different forum I came across a funny term (see subject above) to describe the phenomenon which TAG may be relying upon, carrying out this additional consultation. Revise the original proposal slightly, open the consultation, get fewer objections and Bob's your uncle.

I'm going to send in exactly the same response as last time, just so it's there.

/h88
Yep, exactly what happened, several times. All responses thoroughly ignored, several times.

Originally Posted by chevvron
Before I left Farnborough, a normal weekday saw about 120 IFR fixed wing movements, plus VFR and helicopters. Weekends and PHs are 'artificially' lower due to planning restrictions.
120 movements on a weekday (Monday to Friday)? I don't think so. I have worked on the airfield perimeter for the last 3 years. Maybe 3 take-offs per hour, so cannot be many more landings due to parking limitations. Maybe these movements are outside normal working hours!