PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Pilot earning
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2018, 14:02
mikehammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Northern Highflyer
Is it true that you guys at Eastern are now having to work more and more weekends ? Probably one of it's best selling points (other than the great crews) was the fact it was largely Mon-Fri flying, except at Aberdeen with it's Sunday flights, and a few charters.
Weekend schedules are here at my base, yes. I signed a contract agreeing to hours as required by the company. If i get to not liking that, I know my choices. It suits me, I enjoy the flying, have no interest in being a button pusher for hours on end with no landing and approach currency.

As I said, it's a hobby from a base (sometimes a gateway near you). But you have to be able to afford a job like this.

In spite of the above post re disruption payments, I can only speak of my own experience, and I've not had one denied. I know some who have though, but the rules are in black and white in the manuals.

It's ok here, management are approachable, never bother me, but I keep my nose clean and get on with my job, and for that I feel appreciated. As I say, that's my experience and I'm not exactly new here.