PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - INCIDENT AT VALLEY
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2018, 10:35
Jayand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spannermonkey
This is exactly the sort of insensitive opinionated tosh I refer to. You have no idea what caused the incident, yet in your self appointed authority you now believe the RAF will/should now review the carriage of Pax in the back seat of any FJ. Your post can very easily be read as the guy who lost his life has no place to be in the aircraft in the first place as only aircrew have the capacity to appreciate the demands and risk of fast jet flying. Have you been through the selection process and do you speak form a position of authority? Have you even been through the pre-flight briefing that pax go though? Are you GC and are you versed in the operation and maintenance of an ejection seat as all GC are? I could go on. The guy in the back was not an idiot or some clueless buffoon, he was trained and possibly has flow in the back on more than one occasion. There is no released cause as yet and the family and friends are still getting to grips with this loss.

I suggest you and other who continue to post about what happened or why think about how utterly insensitive you really are. If you don't understand what I mean by that, by default that means you then have no idea about how insensitive such opinions really are.

Yes I know this is a public forum, but for goodness sake think before you post. While you may try to justify your opinions of how the press roll out some 'expert' to provide comment or opinion, you are doing exactly the same, only you feel justified as you are not doing so in front of a TV camera.
Show me exactly where I speculated about the cause? In fact I purposely avoided that exact point!
In answer to your questions yes I have been through the process of a backseat briefing on a fastjet and if you think that is sufficient to cover all scenarios for even an experienced back seat flyer then I believe you are sadly mistaken and
yes I am well versed in the maintenance and operation of Ejection seats in FJ's.
Nobody suggested that the guy was a "Clueless idiot" far, far from it.
But if you think the enquiry after determining the cause of the crash won't look at the issue on non aircrew sitting in FJ seats then you are very, very naive!