PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smartlynx A320 runway excursion EETN 28.2.2018
Old 21st Mar 2018, 10:34
macdo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tubby linton
If there had been a technical problem Airbus would have issued a notice to operators by now.Has anybody heard of one being issued?
The last time I did base training in the aircraft the brief was after touchdown the trainer would reconfigure the aircraft, whilst the trainee kept it straight. Once this had occurred the call was to stand the thrust up , and when stable apply TOGA thrust. Did the trainee not apply Toga before the end of the runway?
That's how we do it. Is it possible that the trainer got distracted and they tried to get airborne with the TL's just stood up? Hard to believe as CM1 should have put their hands on the TL's for the remainder of the take off run and someone should have been reading the FMA. Even if the TL's were only pushed to CL detent I would have thought there would be enough power to get the thing airborne in an empty aeroplane, but I guess that if they were not and the thing was struggling to launch an early Gear Up could have squatted it back down on to the moving gear. Going to be a fascinating story when it all come out.