PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines FO Alleges Rape by Captain on MSP Layover
Old 21st Mar 2018, 03:32
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Gauges and Dials
That is by no means the only answer. Another answer, for example, would be for everyone to internalize the basic principle of not raping your fellow crewmember.
If only it were that simple, and every man accused of Rape was actually a "Rapist".

Many lives have been ruined, not just in Aviation, due to drunken one night stands and the regret that follows. In the modern world, a Women is unable to give "Consent" if intoxicated but an Erection seems to be all is required on the Man's behalf. As such, if both parties are intoxicated, the Rapist and the Victim are decided along gender lines.

This is not to say that many men haven't coerced women into sex while intoxicated, but that the definition of Rape has become blurred in recent times. A women who drives drunk is responsible for her actions, but a women who has sex while intoxicated was unable to give consent and was thus raped? That's the narrative these days.

I might sound like a misogynistic bastard to some, but I witnessed the devastation first hand many years ago. While on a layover, a Flight Attendant was very clearly on the prowl and had her eyes on a colleague of mine, she'd enquired with us as to his availability during the flight, wasn't shy about her intentions in the Galley, and we all saw her drag him off during the night.

When word back to her husband, the accusations came out. No amount of witness statements from us or her colleagues, even though they prevented prosecution, could undo the damage done by accusation.

I don't pretend that Women aren't overly represented when it comes to sexual assaults nor how difficult it can be for them to come forward, there are plenty of pigs in this world who should be castrated. But I also don't pretend that People don't lie about Crimes, not just Rape, for a variety of nefarious reasons.

The percentage of False vs Legitimate accusations is irrelevant. The fact that People do lie forces to authorities to do a thorough investigation, which is extremely difficult in cases of "Date rape" without any toxicology evidence.

It's a sad world we live in.
Slam-Click seeya tomorrow.