PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Licensing Query (Night Rating)
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2018, 20:28
LastStandards

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This one rears its head from time to time - was your CPL a relatively early EASA one, ie not long after September 2012? The early ones did not contain Night Ratings since they were issued shortly after the transition from CPLs automatically containing night privileges (as opposed to the actual FCL requirement to have night privileges as a prerequisite for CPL issue), this among a few other anomalies was corrected in later issue CPLs, in much the same way that the MEP rating on my first EASA CPL had NIL restrictions/remarks, whereas a later issue one has Single Pilot as a remark. I am assured in writing that this is a remark rather than a restriction, as part of compliance!

You should in any case find that when you apply for your MEP rating and IR-SP-ME that Night mysteriously pops back onto your licence - worth ensuring you mention Night in "Ratings Held" on the application form for either. Given that you have logbook evidence it is not significant at this stage for either your MEP or IR courses/tests. I assume you have found an ATO who are happy to apply for a reduced MEP course on the basis of your previous experience and ICAO ratings held?