PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smartlynx A320 runway excursion EETN 28.2.2018
Old 20th Mar 2018, 19:43
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Volume, thank you for the links, my favourite would be this one: https://www.bea.aero/docspa/2012/f-z...f-zu120313.pdf.

Neither of the three has any relevance to the situation in Tallin, I believe. Sorry for my brevity in the morning. The bolded text below is yours.

If you do not apply full thrust for the go-around It is was not a go-around, but a touch-and-go. In the context a seriously different thing.

an empty aircraft on training flights standard base-training load as per Airbus training manual is +10t ballast, not empty

full thrust for the go-around (and you do not need this You're starting the "-and-go" part of the show after some essential re-configuration from around 90 kts. with maybe no more than 900 mtrs left. The only way to reasonably assure T/O perf is to go full TOGA, no middle ground.

not trigger the TOGA logic, your autopilot still tries to land the aircraft no, it was not engaged for the preceding landing.

"the aircraft suddenly failed to respond to any inputs and shortly afterwards both engines lost power" This is what you expect from an active autopilot which you ask to land the aircraft... Without attacking the quote's accuracy - which may be prudent later: not on Airbus. To make an input is to pull, and pull on the stick disengages the A/P. I am not saying the aircraft remained responsive, but if tragically so then it was not a result of A/P engaged.

Also there would be no leftover flight directors.

Last edited by FlightDetent; 20th Mar 2018 at 21:28.