PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet dives to avoid another plane; 4 are hurt
Old 27th Sep 2003, 22:24
Surditas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, but if you did leave the Middle East and decided to nuke it, where would you get your oil for those SUV's everyone over there drives?

Those pesky Frenchies are a problem too. Most of the time they just seem to want to confound we English speakers. Of course, there are quite a few Muslims in France, one of the biggest European populations I believe. Most of them vote, too, so the French government probably took them into account when it decided to vote "non" in the UNSC. Democracy, I supose. Mainly though, I think it was to annoy you folks.
A question. The French disagreed with you and on the telly from the US we saw French wine tipped into sewers and chips called "freedom fries". I seem to recall that the Turks didn't allow the use of Turkey as a FOB for OIF. Why weren't Turkish restaurants blacklisted and kebabs renamed?
Look, I supose my point is that other countries will help you, Australia and the UK are two examples and there are others currently in Iraq. Sure, the US is putting in the biggest effort, but do you expect Australia, a country with a population of less than 20 million, to provide 250,000 troops? We were here, pulling our weight in Iraq during the war and now in the "peace". We've got problems of our own to deal with (Jemaah Islamiah, the basket case that is the Pacific) that we should be looking to instead of Iraq and yet we remain here in the Sandpit. Don't try and convince me that the US is here on its own, or that you are the only country in the world fighting terrorism. Now, I may have misunderstood you, but it seems to me that that is what you are saying.

And I'd still like to know what happened to that near hit. Maybe we need a new thread...