PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines FO Alleges Rape by Captain on MSP Layover
Old 20th Mar 2018, 14:39
Herod

"Mildly" Eccentric Stardriver

Received 224 Likes on 66 Posts
Here's an interesting tale. I may be the only person here who has (perhaps) been the victim of a date-rape drug.

Scenario. Heterosexual male. An unscheduled night-stop, after a long day, and checked into a hotel used by many of the crews. I went to the bar and had two pints of beer over the space of maybe two hours. One of the other pilots was well known for batting for the other side, quite aggressively. I was invited several times to go to his room, and he would wash my shirt for me (not needed, I always carried a small night-stop kit). I awoke next morning with the worst splitting headache I have ever had. Alone in my room, I hasten to add. I put it down to a long day, too much coffee and too many hours in the foul air of a crewroom. One of the other pilots at breakfast saw the state I was in, and must have called ops, because I was taken off the flight I should have been operating. Perhaps he thought I was badly hungover. I thought nothing of it until several weeks later, when the other pilot's name came up in conversation. I don't know to this day (and I'm sure I made it back to my own room OK), but I do know that two pints of beer wouldn't have had that effect. Scary stuff.