PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smartlynx A320 runway excursion EETN 28.2.2018
Old 20th Mar 2018, 10:59
Intrance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure about the logic of that 'simpler' scenario... autopilot trying to fly the plane on a takeoff roll? That would mean autopilot engaged on the ground before takeoff? I'm pretty sure they don't do autolands during the basetraining so I see no logical reason why the autopilot would have any kind of control during a touch & go...

And the first part of the thrust lever movement is still direct control in the Airbus, correct? So even if you don't move them all the way to the TOGA detent, you should still get a bunch of thrust. Perhaps the logic doesn't change but there shouldn't be any autopilot engaged sooo....

But I don't fly the Airbus so maybe I lack some knowledge there. Your simpler scenario just doesn't make any sense to me, perhaps my type is too simple . The two PDFs you linked also don't really seem relevant as they treat go-arounds performed during the approach and from autopilot engaged situations.