PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines FO Alleges Rape by Captain on MSP Layover
Old 20th Mar 2018, 00:16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blind Squirrel
She has asked the civil courts to render a verdict, and on her will rest the burden of convincing a jury of her, and the defendant's, peers that she is telling the truth. Previous experience shows that she faces an uphill job in doing so. But she is surely entitled at least to seek redress by these means.
Point of order, if I may?

Unless I have misread things. She is seeking no determination of whether or not she was raped? Certainly the alleged assailant is said, not to be named as a defendant.

I believe she is suing the company for their actions after her allegation was made?

Whilst simoultaneously, in the ensuing media circus, preventing her alleged assailant from receiving a fair trial. If she ever bothered to press charges.

She wants him fired, as she believes he “remains a threat to other employees”. Conveniently overlooking the fact that because she has not pressed charges, he will remain free, and might then be a threat to every woman on the planet!

Last edited by 4468; 20th Mar 2018 at 00:27.