PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emery Riddle School opinions
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2018, 22:07
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Flightguy01
in meanwhile Embry Riddle career office answered me back. Career office in italian universities doesn't exist, for example...

"Currently, only one airline will hire international pilots with an H1B to work in the U.S; however, a good number of our international students will flight instruct at the school for several years while going through the process to get Permeant Residency in the U.S. ERAU will sponsor international students with their H1B to flight instruct once they have graduated for up to 5 years. This allows you to accumulate the required hours to go to the airlines and work on getting your residency in the U.S. We do not have any legal partnerships with international carriers, but they do hire our international students. We have had students go to Korean Air, Saudia Airlines, Qatar Airways, Ryan Air, Lufthansa, just to name a few. "

They also told me that the only airline that currently hires pilots with student visa is Wisconsin airline, and they also said they always need flight instructors so is not a problem (if I take the instructor license) to hire and sponsor me until I get the green card.... I don't know if what they said is 100% true, if it is real, there aren't any problems for me. What do you think? I hope is not marketing in order to steal my money....

The drop out rate in both schools is very high, what does it mean for you? A friend of mine who lives in USA (he is not pilot but he is from lawyer school) told me that is wired.... I'm not expert on US schools, can I ask directly to them about that?
Have a look at how many H1B airline pilots are employed in the US. You will have your answer how successful you will be going down this route. All information is on the USCIS.gov website.

Remember, any college will tell you what you want to hear to get your money.