PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Back in the day....
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2018, 20:07
Rossian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the mid '60s....

.....my fiancee was an air trafficker and had just finished the radar controllers course.
I was posted to Ballykelly and as BKY were short of a radar controller the SATCO was keen for her to come and stay in the service with me. However the Queen Bee at Pitreavie said that couldn't happen because there were no flush toilets in the tower and she couldn't countenance "her gels" using chemical toilets. There was a lot of agry bargy which ended up with SATCO saying that it was all my fault!! So Mrs Rossian to be said stuff it and resigned rather like the lady in Danny's post above.
QB couldn't get her head round the fact my intended was already using an elsan in the mobile PAR convoy which changed with the runway. Tacked at the end of the convoy was a bomb trolley with a thunderbox built by workshops out of Mk1c sonobuoy boxes labelled "Have Loo Will Travel!"
From where we are now it's difficult to remember how antiquated things could be socially at that time. Wg Off. Thomas belonged in the era before WW1

The Ancient Mariner