PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emery Riddle School opinions
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2018, 15:46
Flightguy01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DDMow
FlightGuy, whoever told you that your country's universities are not very good has taken liberty with the truth, or perhaps failed to graduate. They are excellent. Italian universities are among the world's best and oldest universities. Then again, it all boils down to the quality and capabilities of the student. Even Cambridge and Oxford have had their fair share of dullards like the Swire family members in charge at Cathay Pacific Airways.

FIT and ERAU are more expensive, but that which glitters is not necessarily gold.
They both have a 50%+ drop-out rate. That says something about them.
Caveat Emptor. (Buyer Beware).

Good luck with your decisions.

What about the Italian Air Force as an option?

I'm italian, I know what I'm talking about..... Are you Italian?

Yeah some (not all) are old. But that doesn't mean they are good! There are a lot of things to say about Italy but I think is not the place. I only say that we do not have a stable government since 1943, and we have same corruption level of Cuba, Romania, Senegal, look on Google: world perception corruption index.

We have a record public debit of 2,1 trillion, that is more than 130% of our GDP look for it on Google.

Tremendous crisis, there aren't money, and we do not have a government also 15 days after election! All these negative aspects unfortunately influence everything, universities too..... 30-40 years ago we had same troubles but our economy was great that's why was a so nice country for living.... now is a country to escape from!

Italian air-force would be nice, but at 21 years old you are old for them (other strange thing of Italy), they recruit about 50 pilot one time per year, your last chance is when you are 20, you only have 2 or 3 chances, I'm out with age. Age limit in USA for Airforce is 29 years old, in Australia 45....

I have a friend who was a military pilot here, we have planes but we do not have fuel for them, can happen that some military pilots flight only minimum hours per year (like 50-80 hours, he told something like that) to not loose license..... that's Italy!

And I didn't talk about our national airline Alitalia................

I would be happy to pay my education in a good country! Indeed if it worths.

Last edited by Flightguy01; 19th Mar 2018 at 23:04.