PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carlisle-2
Thread: Carlisle-2
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2018, 11:46
tophat27dt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Airlinepilot1687
Its a real shame people are not really willing to give Carlisle a shout here. Its surely a good thing for the local economy. New jobs, bringing people to the area showing that Cumbria is not just full of sheep and fields. I am personally really looking forward to the airport starting services with Loganair. I am pretty sure some decent research has gone in to picking routes and who operates them otherwise why invest in the first place. Blackpool ran successful services for some time with good pax figures. If that can work then I see no reason why Carlisle could not do something similar in the future. Southend is successful and ok the airport is set up for larger aircraft and can handle more pax but its run by the same group. Surely this is provides a good outlook for Carlisle. They must be making some reasonable improvements to the field with the runways being out of action still. I am hopeful for the airport and its future growth.
I quite agree with you. Unfortunately we have many moaners and negative thinking people here. Let's all give Carlisle a chance.