PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Airline (Nauru) seriously close shave during NDB approach
Old 19th Mar 2018, 10:31
witwiw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4 Holer
Only a matter of time for these porch monkeys flying old 737-300s out in the middle of the pacific not a place for this type aircraft, limited fuel two baby engines, limited or no alternate ( Island alternate fuel for holding to hope for the best ) it will not end well.
Well, well, well - there's a pot trying to call the kettle black. Where do I start?

Is this not your aircraft, fitted with the possibly same CFM (baby) engines as the 737's?

"limited or no alternate". Better let United know that - their destinations include Chuuk, Pohnpei, Yap, Majuro, Kosrae, Kwajalein, Koror - all in the "middle of the pacific".

I'm reliably informed that three of Nauru's "old" 737s are the last ones off the Boeing production line around 1997, maybe later. Of the others, neither is anywhere near 50 years old like this DC-8.

An interesting read:
Incident: Skybus DC87 at Rionegro on Jan 21st 2018, unsafe departure

I didn't see anything in the ATSB report about a downwind takeoff at a performance critical airport - and you refer to Porch Monkeys? Best look elsewhere, methinks.

To quote you "It will not end well" - not if the DC-8's are operated like that.

It appears you are harbouring some sort of grudge with this nonsensical rant against an operation with, overall, a pretty good record. They haven't put anything into Botany Bay - not everyone can claim that?