PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Talair Baron P2-GKP
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2018, 06:48
TOMCANON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robstitt
I noted an old reference to the loss of P2-GKP in a thread on this site. I was in PNG at the time and one of our people, a young female nutritionist, was lost with the pilot and four other passengers, including the regional health officer, Tom Gaunede. I went out on the search in an Islander and Baron P2-GKR - nothing was found. Does anyone have any information on the circumstances, real or rumoured?

I also noted Malcolm Hawkes and Brian O'Sullivan in the fatal loss listing, both of whom I knew. At one point I was going to join Talair and learn to fly while working in their Mt Hagen office. Perhaps it's just as well my plans changed.

Thanks for any feedback.

Robert Stitt
PNG March 1977-November 1978

Hi Robert,

Thank you for this. You wouldn't know just how much these stories mean so much to me. I am the youngest son of 'the regional health officer, Tom Gaunede'. In my search, I have discovered that there isn't any proper records accounting this particular story of the missing plane. Please contact me if you are able to on mobile # 675 75459858. I'm interested to know more.