PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines FO Alleges Rape by Captain on MSP Layover
Old 19th Mar 2018, 02:06
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've sure guessed wrong these cases before.

In a 2002 lawsuit where a female SkyWest FO claimed that a male pilot exposed himself on, uh, short final I predicted:

Ms. Manjarrez will probably get an out of court settlement from her employer whether the allegations are true or not.
Pilot sues Delta Connection Carrier

Turns out SkyWest took the case to court and won. Oddly enough, the claim of a male copilot waving at the female captain without using his hands seems to be urban legend in several variations at multiple carriers.

Some versions have the plane diverting only to have the accused save himself at the upcoming hearing by wisely pulling the CVR circuit breaker to preserve evidence of his innocence.

I've even heard a version of this tale that supposedly takes place in the sim. And, I'm pretty sure I've heard versions of this narrative well before 2002.

I'm not sure the CVR recording can be used in a disciplinary hearing either way but I may be wrong, that's why we have lawyers.

Originally Posted by Sailvi767
We had a flight attendant fearing the loss of her job after missing pickup make a accusation against a pilot for sexual assault as the reason she was unable to report. His entire career and personal life were facing disaster. He was saved only because the hotel had a sophisticated key logging system for entry and exit of every room that showed her story was completely false.
This case has a similar possible motive of a missed report on probation with alcohol involved. That's the devil's advocate answer to the claim that she would have no reason to lie and risk her career.