PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How unhealthy is flying/Being a Commercial Pilot?
Old 19th Mar 2018, 00:24
flash8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I left my last Airline job (and my second) back in early 2006 after a period of depression.. never was diagnosed.. but things came to a head one day and I quit. Although I don't remember most of the days of 2006 and can remember that one and in retrospect wasn't myself for a long time before... nobody reached out... probably didn't realize.

I say quit... I just walked out which wasn't ideal as I then had some pay dispute with the airline who were basically blackmailing me in terms of a reference... so had to pay back many thousands, but they paid for the T/R....

Many of my former colleagues have left flying altogether since, some younger, some older than me, but in the end you only have one life and do you want to spend it all at the pointy end/commuting/down route?

Sometimes have regrets. but then imagine where I would have been now, and much of that regret fades.

I am also a lot healthier now... hate to think how I would be now if that stress continued for years.