PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines FO Alleges Rape by Captain on MSP Layover
Old 18th Mar 2018, 22:13
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by galaxy flyer
What’s your point? Do you want to remove “innocent until proven guilty” or create a separate class of victims who are excused from normal criminal law?

GF
That would seem to be his implication. Particularly the bit about
"Your conflation of the law with justice smacks of the most vile excesses of societies that have mostly fallen by the wayside.
This seems pretty clear to be a demand for "Justice" beyond the law. Yes the law is an imperfect form of justice. If I were an omnipotent creator, I would create a world where justice is administered by an omniscient, absolutely impartial being who knows all the facts (That last is for those who don't fully grasp the meaning of "omniscient") in a matter. the reality is, we don't live in that world. We live in a world where all the facts are not known nor capable of being known, in a world where there are evil people who rape other people, and there are also evil people who accuse other people of raping them, either to cause great harm to the accused or for personal gain, or both. So the systems of justice has to be constructed to balance the interests of all victims in both extremes, I am not for one moment trying to claim that the accuser in this case is one of the latter. Just making the point to those who seem to be advocating that all accusations of rape should be accepted as true, because it's hard to prove rape and it's a really ugly crime. Yes, it is an ugly, despicable crime. Yes it can be difficult to prove. That does not rationally lead to the conclusion that everyone who alleges rape is being truthful.