PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines FO Alleges Rape by Captain on MSP Layover
Old 18th Mar 2018, 16:49
Cows getting bigger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This isn't just about rape (which is a sickening crime), it's more to do with the ongoing inequality in our profession. I fly with a girl who previously got a job with an AOC set-up through personal recommendation from a company pilot. Subsequently there was a 'price' which she refused to pay, leading to some rather despicable behaviour from people within the company. She then spent some time extricating herself from the organisation who were insistent on a more standard 'arrangement' of £##K for her TR training. With a bit of BALPA assistance, the fee was dropped and they let her go, chivalrously.

My point? We can shove our heads in the sand, convincing ourselves that we have an absolutely level playing field and that all pilot's have the highest integrity. The truth is something significantly different. For sure, people of both genders (or should I now say 'all sexualities'?) can and do cause mischief but, in my mere 30 years of aviating experience, I fancy that the girls tend to be wronged far more often than the boys.