PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines FO Alleges Rape by Captain on MSP Layover
Old 18th Mar 2018, 16:36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PaxBritannica
4468 I'm sorry this has made you so agitated. I'm merely listing facts.
Ha ha!

Not agitated at all. Too busy sunbathing!

Truth is, you have no interest whatsoever in ‘facts’! Even your list of made up statistics is as heavily based in agenda as ‘fact’, and doesn’t even acknowledge recent trial collapses! Every single ‘not guilty’ verdict you mention, is a case in which the evidence has failed to satisfy the standard of proof (beyond reasonable doubt) that a jury of every day men AND women are required to satisfy, before finding guilt. Those found not guilty, are precisely that. NOT GUILTY. They are not simply rapists who dodged their guilt. Though I accept some may be!!

So because you find you don’t much like the fundamentals of the law, and the changes that have been introduced STILL can’t persuade a jury of every day men AND women to convict. Cases such as the one under consideration become the default MO!

Where the inconvenience of establishing the facts is sidestepped. In it’s stead, a scurrilous means of besmirching alleged assailants is undertaken. No proof required, or desired! Go #MeToo/#Time’sUp! Launch the media campaign! Name and shame!

So here we are very likely to see a multi million dollar bung to the complainant. She will forever carry the association with her unproven allegation. But hey perhaps immediate retirement to the Caribbean (or elsewhere) might ease her trauma?

But what of the gentleman involved. Who I imagine is likely never to be charged. Never given the opportunity of clearing his name? Two outcomes are possible. Either an innocent man will have his life ruined by a false (or mistaken?) allegation. Or a rapist with a tendency to drug women will continue to walk the streets. I would suggest both of those outcomes are undesirable. But it’s precisely the world your argument, and that of Hollywood activists are taking us.

So please don’t pretend you have any interest whatsoever in facts. (Or even in protecting women!) You and others like you, do not. Admit you find ‘facts’ can be inconvenient. Which is why you and others are delighted to sidestep the examination of factual evidence lest the ‘facts’ fail to deliver the ‘right’ result!

As a gentleman, I shall of course allow you the final word. It’s been such a shame to interrupt your grandstanding.