PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets claim to have the BEST pilots!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2003, 16:18
Airking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote:
However a client, or a owner I am sure, given the choice would prefer to fly with a crew, that is both competent and experienced. Rather than just competent.

I´m in the business for 12 years, logged some 5000 hrs.
The sad truth is:
they (Clients) are willing to spend loads of money to get from a to b. BUT, if they can save, say 200€ on a trip that costs 10000€, they´ll go for the cheaper offer.
They nearly never ask for the qualification of the cockpit personell or the experience.
Normal reaction is: well they´re ok for the authorities, thats enough.

Now, any company sending their pilots to FS or similar twice a year will build a competent bunch of Pilots - at least the flying is done properly then.
In smaller companies beeing a exec pilot is much more - but at NJE there is a lot organisation around.

Having said that, I met a friend who is with NJE since nearly 4 years and he is sick of that company to an extend that I could hardly believe...mainly over roster and duty stuff (I won´t go deeper into it)

Back to silverhawks original post :
it is marketing, nothing else - the good point is, NJE is often very expensive which leads back to my first point - they´ll not be considered by the majority of our clients because of their price.