PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2018, 12:13
Planespeaking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deano777
It's not an icing issue, the icing does have a major impact on operations into LCY due to the steep approaches, something SOU doesn't have, but rather than it being ineptitude from the airport I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for it because they wouldn't just not move the flights for the sake of it. The issue is, Rivet, you don't know what this reason is so you're just saying "there's a bit of snow and the flights haven't moved, they're a joke", which is the normal response from the general public, I would expect better from you considering you're in, or was in the industry.
I'm sorry it was an icing issue, and not just because of LCY's steep approach.There were several Q400s calling into SEN because of severe icing problems in the South East, it does seem that Q400s have certain problems whilst the ATRs seem to be less susceptable. I have no knowledge of the operational decisions made at SOU, however the main point is that Hampshire wasn't showered with aluminium as well as snow. Live to fly another day.